Summer Aid

The summer semester acts as a separate semester of the current award year. Students may receive financial aid for summer courses if:

  • Enrolled at least half-time as a degree-seeking student at  Thomas Jefferson University- East Falls Campus  
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress;
  • You have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-21 award year and listed Jefferson's FAFSA code (013549) ;
  • Complete the Summer Aid Application by June 15 of the year that you are applying for aid- Click here for application.

Aid programs for summer

  • Jefferson- East Falls does not provide summer grants or scholarships regardless of enrollment or eligibility.
  • PA State Grants may be available through a separate application process. Apply at
  • Student loans are available.  Summer loans will be factored in toward your aggregate borrowing limit.


Applying for Summer Financial Aid

After you have registered for your summer semester courses, you will need to complete and submit a Summer Financial Aid Application to the Financial Aid Office.

Click here to download the form: Summer 2021 Institutional Financial Aid Application.

You may need to consider borrowing an Private Alternative Loan or Federal Direct PLUS Loan if you have exhausted your annual aid eligibility. Students or parents may apply for private alternative loans. Jefferson- East Falls campus neither maintains a preferred lender list; nor do we endorse/recommend private lenders. However, our website provides a neutral lender and product comparison chart for these types of loans. See our Lender Contact Information Chart.

Please note that approval for Federal Direct PLUS loans and Private Alternative Loans are based on a credit review.

The deadline to apply for summer financial aid is June 15.

Summer Term FAQ's

How many credits do I need to take to qualify for aid?

Undergraduate and graduate students must be enrolled at least half time over all summer terms to be eligible for Federal Aid; however, there are some private loan programs available to students enrolled less than half time. If your registration drops below half time, your summer financial aid will be adjusted or cancelled. These adjustments may create a balance due on your account.

How do I apply for loans for the summer term?

If you borrowed a Federal Direct Loan during the academic year and have remaining loan eligibility, then please complete the Summer Aid Application. If you have never borrowed Federal Direct Loans before, you will need to complete the Application and Master Promissory Note at in addition to the Summer Aid Application.

What if I have to change my registration or housing status for the summer?

If you change your registration or housing status after completing and returning the Summer Aid Application, please contact the Financial Aid Office so necessary adjustments can be made to your aid.

Is financial aid available for off-campus living expenses?

Financial aid may be used for off-campus living expenses. Please indicate your summer housing arrangements on the Summer Aid Application. You may, however, not be eligible for the amount you request. If you have requested additional funds for living expenses, those extra funds will be issued by the Student Account's Office after your financial aid has been finalized and credited to your account. You should be prepared to pay your expenses until you receive your refund from the Student Account's Office.